Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Pan Whisperer

The Pan Whisperer
Shhhhhh!  Quiet!  I'm talking with pans!  Or, more accurately letting them talk to me.  I'm a Pan Whisperer, but mainly I listen...and look....and only then do I know what they are trying to say.

I wasn't always like this. For years I completely ignored the warping, the stuck-on particles and peeling non-stick coating.  I accepted bad-fitting lids and broken handles, stuffed them in cupboards and refused to allow them to cool properly before submerging them in water.

I did it all.  And worse.  Until one day my life was changed by a narrowly averted accident with hot grease.
See, in my state of denial about the cookware I completely overlooked a loose handle until it fell off while trying to transfer the pan to a back burner when the handle came off.  Something or Somebody was watching out for me that day because I was able to set the pan down without dropping a single, blisteringly hot bit of the stuff.  Needless to say, once the oil cooled down I transferred it to a coffee can and threw the pan away.

Since then, I've learned to pay attention to what my cookware is trying to tell me.  If that pot, pan or kettle is too warped to sit flat on a burner, it's time to get rid of it.  If there's Teflon dandruff all over your scrambled eggs, get rid of it!  Your pans are trying to tell you something. Don't wait 'til it's too late.

Your kitchen will than you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Submit Express SEO Services

Free Web Submission

Powered By Blogger